Saturday, April 6, 2013

7 April 2013 Feast of The Divine Mercy (First Sunday after Easter, which is now designated in the Church’s liturgical books as the Second Sunday of Easter.) “I shall sing forever the Lord’s mercy.” (Ps 89 [88]) This Sunday is popularly known as Mercy of God Sunday. Between 1930 and 1938 Christ appeared to Sister Faustina, a Sister of Mercy in Poland who initiated the Divine Mercy devotion. She was canonized on April 30, 2000, the Sunday after Easter, the Feast of Divine Mercy. On Good Friday, 1937, Jesus requested that Blessed Faustina make a special novena before the Feast of Mercy, from Good Friday through the following Saturday. Jesus also asked that a picture be painted according to the vision of Himself as the fountain of mercy. He gave her a chaplet to be recited and said that it was appropriate to pray the chaplet at three o’clock each afternoon (the Hour of Great Mercy). The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy (for private recitation on ordinary rosary beads) Begin with: “Our Father ...”, “Hail, Mary ...” “I believe in God ... “ On the “Our Father” beads: Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. On the “Hail, Mary” beads: For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world. Conclude with: “Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mecy on us and on the whole world.” (3x) Amen. 3 O’clock Prayer “You died Jesus, but the source of life flowed out for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the wole world.” “O Fountain of Life, immeasurable Divine Mecy, cover the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.” “Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and the whole world.” (3x) Amen. Jesus King of Mercy we trust in You! Jesus to Sr. Faustina On one occasion, I heard these words: “My daughter, tell the whole world about My inconceivable mercy. I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet. My mercy is so great that no mind, be it of man or of angel, will be able to fathom it throughout all eternity. Everything that exists has come forth from the very depths of My most tender mercy. Every soul in its relation to Me will contemplate My love and mercy throughout eternity. The Feast of Mercy emerged from My very depths of tenderness. It is My desire that it be solemnly celebrated on the first Sunday after Easter. Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the Fount of My Mercy. “[Let] the greatest sinners place their trust in My mercy. They have the right before others to trust in the abyss of My mercy. My daughter, write about My mercy towards tormented souls. Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight Me. To such souls I grant even more graces than they ask. I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion, but on the contrary, I justify him in My unfathomable and inscrutable mercy. Write: before I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice. “From all My wounds, like from streams, mercy flows for souls, but the wound in My Heart is the fountain of unfathomable mercy. From this fountain spring all graces for souls. The flames of compassion burn Me. I desire greatly to pour them out upon souls. Speak to the whole world about My mercy.” Excerpted from “Diary of Sr. M. Faustina Kowalska”. Ref: CatholicCulture.org: Pray. Think. Act. John Paul II to be beatified by Pope Benedict XVI on the Feast of Divine Mercy By Deacon Keith Fournier The sentiment of the faithful “Santo Subito” echoed as the Church discerned the cause of his canonization. Now, he will be raised to the Altar on the Feast of Divine Mercy and the faithful will call him “Blessed John Paul II”. We will soon affirm what miracles effected by his intercession confirm, John Paul II is a Saint. Catholic Online (www.catholic.org) 1/18/2011. Fruits of the Resurrection Our Lord often used the miracle of his coming Resurrection to support the doctrines which he taught. He also decreed that all precautions taken by the Jews only served to prove even more the wonderful fact. The apostles, besides, always cited it as the basis of the faith they preached. “If Christ had not risen again, your faith is vain, for you are yet in your sins.” (1 Cor 15:17) How happy am I to possess a faith so clearly divine; and all the graces belonging to my state in life! Do I show my gratitude by my works as well as my words? My own resurrection to life and bliss eternal, if I only take care to secure it, is as certain as the resurrection of Jesus. In the words of the Holy Spirit, “For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own turn: Christ as first fruits, then they who are Christ’s, who have believed, at his coming.” (1 Cor 15:22-3) What consolation there is in the thought that this body, which I care for so much, will one day be given back to me endowed with new and wonderful powers! Immortal, with an immensely increased capacity for enjoyment. Death viewed in such a light is no loss, but rather a gain to the Christian, a source of the sweetest hope and inexpressible comfort. A man sadly regards the crumbling of the house he lives in; but if he learns that it is to be rebuilt more beautifully than before, his sorrow turns into joy. Our body, the dwelling-place of the soul, is not a very stable one. Despite all our care, sooner or later it deteriorates. It is a saddening thought. However, we know God has promised to raise it up infinitely more beautiful; never again to be destroyed. “If our earthly house of this habitation be dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in heaven.” (2 Cor 5:1) Should we fall and die, still in the prime of life, we may say with St Paul, ‘to die is gain’. Ref: Cf “Practical Meditations” by a Father of the Society of Jesus, 1964, pp192-4 • Our Lady of the Forsaken, at Valencia, Spain. This image is in a chapel, where it is said that great noise is made when any one is drowned or assassinated near the city. — Triple Couronne, n. 28. (“Catholic Gems or Treasures of the Church” Historical Calendar; www.bethlehemobserver.com) • Our Lady of the Forsaken and Our Lady of Puig. Valencia, Spain. (www.marylinks.org/Mary-Calendar.htm) • Our Lady of the Forsaken (Valencia, Spain). (maryfest.htm / www.starharbor.com/santiago/m_feasts.html) • Our Lady of Puig, Valencia, Spain. (www/divinewill.org/feastsofourlady.html); (www.iskandar.com/ourlady/ourladyfeasts.html)

No comments: